Thursday, October 6, 2011

1998 Fat Chance Yo Eddy! Restomod Project

This was an interesting project that took almost three years to complete cradle to grave. By 98 the Yo Eddy frames were designed around an 80mm suspension fork and had more "modern" details like a threaded bottom bracket and 1 1/8 headtube. I wanted a vintage bike on which I could thrash, so I had this frame retrofitted with disc tabs and had Rody at GroovyCycleworks (the chief Fat restorer) mix up some team lavender paint. To this day the lavender paint is still one of my all time favorites.

As purchased:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was no garage queen

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was my main rider for about a year. Sadly, the wet paint just doesn't hold up like powder, and this is currently de-commissioned and in need of a serious round of touch up paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment